terça-feira, 8 de outubro de 2013

Dance our tears away

Okay, so today wasn't the worst day in history. I didn't feel like shit when I came home. The weather wasn't all that horrible. I had really nice interactions with people in my school.

Even so I sort of went into a negative spiral or worrisome thoughts .
 This was due to an incident in the morning that mentally shook the ground underneath me and made me reconsider many things, to ponder on things that just don't cross my mind that often. Well, over the last year and a half I have still managed to build up enough of a steady, positive ground not to get too overwhelmed, but even so my day just didn't get very nice.
  Until a while ago.
Among the things I enjoy doing is a sort of group-dance-training. I guess it is a bit like Zumba (but in my opinion better), the main principle is: Loud, upbeat and really nice music, two really good instructors that show you the which kind of moves you should or could do, and then you just let yourself get immersed in the awesome mood.
It should go without saying, but this is an incredibly efficient way to get happier and more positive on blue days. While shifting your focus from your current trouble to how to get into the rhythm and feeling, it is so much easier to see differently on the issues at hand.

This, plus a conversation on the subject with a very understanding and good friend of mine efficiently shifted my mind-setting from blue to a vivid, sparkling array of different happy colors.
Life is not long enough to spend the whole of it worrying. Get down and get up.
And Smile :)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário